Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Shhhhhhh!!!! Please

I am not one to make conversation easily on public transport. I have had a long boring day, and I need my peace and quiet ... Please people - and especially men out looking for an easy lay or is it conversation! I don't know.

Now, today, I was well out of the house by exactly 7.30 - on most days, I dilly dally watching news items on telly blah! blah! blah!

I got tot he bus stop and a matatu came and I duly boarded it and took my position next to the window - this man who was seated there avoided sitting at the window for reasons best known to himself. As we embark on the journey to town, he starts by asking me to fasten my seatbelt cos apparently, the cops are at it again. I do it reluctantly.

As we ride on, we get to Eastleigh and the jam is at chocker block. I wasn't bothered - reason being, I knew I would be int he offic ebefore 9. This man, was really incessant. Next he's to go like, 'These guys have made somethng small into something big. Since no one wants to let the other pass, there is heavy traffic ... yada! yada! yada!' In my mind, I'm l ike, what the fucking hell ... who asked for your opinion ... It's because I was having a moment with myself. Actually, my ears were propped to another guy on the matatu who was twanging and relaly on floss mode about his job and his duties at the office.

When we got to town, we were dropped off at the bus station. This man goes like, 'They tell us they'rew going to the CBD and they drop us here ...' And I'm like, it seems the brother failked to get some this morning so he's taking it out on me.

Blah!!!!

Please mind your own biz people. We're here on a similar mission but to different destinations. I have had my share at the office and I need those 45 minutes or so on the matatu to recollect my thoughts and prepare myself for a quiet evening.

If those are peoples' pick-up lines, I guess we need a school to teach guys how to do it. WTFH!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment