You know, some odd years ago, if you told me to go ont he rave by myself, I'd have given you the look and the finger. But today, things are different. I have embraced solitude and can comfortably say that I can roll the streets without feeling like a lunatic or aloser.
Today, my status update reads thus, 'I am not afraid of my own company'.
A couple of months ago, just after I had acquired my magic box, I was busy enjoying a movie that got me glued to the box. There was an interesting scene that came on and I turned to ask, 'Oh, that is so lovely', only to realise that I was all by myself in my little Queendom. I felt sad, but,that's life my people.
This past weekend, I was out on the rave. I had gone for my second in a series of photo shoots. I had left Alliance in a huff, after watching Sauti Soul and a host of other Afro Fusion musicians perform their music. To be honest, everyone was just waiting for Sauti Soul to perform, and these guys literally brought the house down. Oh, I had met Della a week before, as I was headed to KWANI Open Mic. She's a nice lady, a good performer - on stage.
After the concert, I had to rush home, take a shower and run back to town to get a cab to Carnivore where the big photo shoot wa to be held. Thanks to the thousand functions around town, including the MAMAz pre party, the crowd was thin. Not that I'm complaining ...
Amongst the beautiful and handsome faces, there was this particular guy that caught my attention. The brother was fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnneeee!!! Only to learn that he be gay. DAMN! But me being the me I know myself to be, I called him and he came over. I asked his name and requested if I could hug him and he accepted. I felt on top of the world my friends. There is one thing I vowed to myself, if I see a handsome man ... I will try everything to make sure that I meet and get to talk to him and ... yeah! And believe me, I have been successful on two previous occasions. Charlie and Stephen. At the moment, I am working on another project - I'm falling for my neighbour - he's a guy in uniform, can you blame me? Really??!!
To my lollipop, I so need a refresher course - seriously.
Monday, October 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment